Wednesday 15 June 2011

Ambition - A double edged sword

   Ambition is a double edged sword. Sometimes it gives you power and motivations, but sometimes it ends up controlling you as a slave and becomes your worst enemy. If you use it well it puts you in advantage, otherwise it will hurt you dearly. In this world money and power are inexhaustible. Macbeth always dreams of more power and was controlled by his ambition and lead him into failure.
   I was once driven by my ambition while i was trying to sell my Ipod on ebay. The auction period of selling is one week, during the auction period it allows buyers to raise the bids of the item. The highest bid at the end of the week wins the item. My ambition tells me to sell the product at a highest price. In order to do that, i created my second ebay account so i can raise the price for my product. I raised the price over and over again during the auction period. My ambition always pushes me to hunt more money and it seems that the price will never satisfy my ambition. Eventually the price went way above the average line of the normal price and nobody wants to bid on it anymore. I ended up buying my own product.
    It is human nature to to achieve higher, but if you don't control your ambition, things will very likely end up disasters. Ambition will always lead people to hunt for more than they have, especially with money and power. The more money you have, the quicker you will spend it and you will never feel that you have enough. Unfortunetly my ambition drove me into a disaster this time.

1 comment:

  1. This post talks about that ambition can help you but can also hurt you. It also talks about the story of my personal life that relates to this topic

    ReplyDelete